Jan 6, 2011

New Year

Janna @ Bob & Alice's Tavern

While serving drinks to New Years revelers, Janna noticed me taking tarot photos and asked i f I'd read her fortune as well.   She was a bit nervous at first, aware of her tendency to read too deeply into the divination aspect of the cards.  "I have a tarot program on my computer," she told me, "When I get cards I don't like, I reload the program."  This evening, however, she picked fine cards, including The Lovers and the Two of Pentacles-- cards that signify new collaborations and a propensity for deep relationships.  Janna was impressed by my interpretation of the Two of Pentacles, a card that hints at a new career, project or partnership. That card specifically hit home for her since she had just started bartending at Bob and Alice's a few weeks prior.  She seemed a bit self-conscious about The Lovers however, since she is single and found it improbable that she would meet a new beau anytime soon.  I told her she's got mojo and to keep her eye out for that special someone and even if a new love affair doesn't come about, she can at least pass that love on to her regulars.  Janna liked that interpretation even though it wasn't exactly a "fortune".  She is a warm soul in a cold bar, kinda like a Neil Young song.  I hope she finds what she's looking for.    

No comments:

Post a Comment