Jan 4, 2011

Lemurians

Nitya Prem @ Float On

Any conversation about six-foot tall, subterraneous lizard people is a conversation worth having.  I was discussing vortexes with one of the owners of Float On and, as so many conversations about strange and enigmatic landscapes do, the conversation veered into the mysteries of Mt. Shasta.  From a couch in the corner, Nitya chimed in:  "Hey, I used to live in Mt. Shasta!"  Without skipping a beat I replied, "Really?  Have you ever seen the lizard people who live inside the volcano?"  She paused for a second and I thought I had weirded her out.  "You mean the Lemurians?" she asked.  I was stumped, I asked her if that was what locals call our legendary reptilian overlords.  "No," she replied, "Lemurians are the blue people that live in the mountain!"  

Now for any of you who unfamiliar with Mt. Shasta, allow me to explain.  It is a volcano in Northern California of awe-inspiring beauty and pure, unbridled weirdness.  The mountain glows at night, plants and animals thrive, it attracts spiritual seekers and the connoisseurs of the strange like a giant lavalamp, and the whole area palpitates with mythic presence.  Lemurians are apparently inhabitants of an underground civilization called "Telos" hidden within the chasms of Shasta.  The Lizard People I first mentioned are a storied race of hyper-evolved reptilian creatures and masters of "The Beacon".  Through engineering the movement of tectonic plates, The Lizards have mastered the manipulation of "The Light Grid", thus using Mt. Shasta as a cosmic lighthouse for UFOs and multidimensional shapeshifters.

By now you probably think I'm nuts, but these are "true legends" of Mt Shasta and they are the tip of the iceberg.  Shasta is a land of pure hallucination; the vortex of vortexes, a trickster and a muse. The legends represent the overall dynamism of the place and the attitudes of the folks who congregate there.  That is not to say that this is all simply fiction-- I swear by my hair that weird, inexplicable things occur at that mountain and so can Nitya, who lived there for six months.  Neither one of us have actually seen a Lizard Man or a Lemurian (so far as we know), but I can attest to the presence of shamans, snowboarders, and strange azure shadows that walk through the breeze.  It is a magic place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment