Jan 10, 2011

Sweaty, Gritty, Real

Aaron Ettlin & Tim Cowan @ House Show

I caught up with Aaron a few minutes after he rocked the faces off a bunch of kids in an overflowing living room.  He plays lead guitar for a madcap garage band The Angry Orts and the dude has serious chops.  It was a high energy show that ended in a frantic demand for an encore, which unfortunately went unfulfilled because the bassist had to rush off to his "other job".  Tim was pretty wired on the crowd's energy, especially the full on mosh-pit that dominated the claustrophobic living room.  When the dust settled, I ran into Aaron outside chillaxing with Orts manager, Tim, whom I repeatedly called "The Hype Man".  After he pulled some tarot, I asked Aaron where he wanted to take the photo and he replied "Right here.  Let's make this REAL.  Fucking sweaty, gritty, REAL right fuckin' here!"  I asked Hype Man to jump in on the picture suggesting he back Aaron up like Mace used to back up Puff Daddy.  "I want to believe The Hype.  That's your job, Hype Man.  You gotta represent," I yammered.  So here they are rockin in the free world, representing killer guitar solos, the hype, and Portland Fucking Oregon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment