Mar 13, 2011

Gadabout

Russ Bruner changing cards into ladies
@ Secret Society Lounge

Russ & his lovely assistants, Morgan & Karolina

Well, speak of the devil!  In my previous post [Ringmaster], I mentioned a notorious gadabout by the name of E Bruno Knickerbocker, a no-goodnik whose arrogance and greed has faltered troupes far greater than the Wanderlust Circus.  What I wouldn't give to give this rabble-rouser a piece of my mind!  Unfortunately, when I met Knickerbocker's civilian alter-ego, Russ Bruner, I was so taken in by his charisma, that I failed to see the maniacal menace he masked within.  While his aplomb and natural propensity with the ladies was similar to dirty old Knickerbocker, Russ lacked the kaiser moustache and evil glint in his eye to directly recall his stage persona.   He spoke more passionately of the lindy hop and his blog, Swing Time PDX, then his evil schemes.  It was only as I was preparing a writeup on Ringmaster William Batty that I made the connection that Bruner and Bruno were one and the same!  Curses!  I had the wool pulled over my eyes by a wolf in sheep's clothing.  Fool me once, Knickerbocker, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment